Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Re: recursive taps

From: "Pia Sahlberg" <piabar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:05:43 +0000
From: "Krishnan, Prabhakar" Subject: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Re: recursive taps
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 01:14:43 -0800

I tried the rpcstat tap functions on tethereal.
It works & looks Ok.
the tap API looks sufficient  and simple too.

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation. I know many people use these extensions and they work reasonably well.

I misphrased what I meant with the confirmation/verification of the tap system.

What I really want to be verified is that the actual API itself is
simple and useful itself.
I.e. I consider the tap system working/verified/successful (according to the criterias I myself set up for it) if someone else, apart from me, preferably someone with little ethereal develople knowledge/experience can use the API to create their own extension.

The test I want on the tap system is someone else to develop a simple extension and find it simple to do so. If someone can do this with the current API then I, myself, think the tap system works.

Surf the Web without missing calls!�Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp