Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-users] Compile Problem

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:25:49 -0700
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 02:36:57PM +0100, M. Lavasani wrote:
> I am compiling "ethereal-0.9.7" on HPUX version 11.00. Most thing seems ok apart
> from :
>
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
>    version (code)
>
> Has anybody has any idea please?

This has been reported before; unfortunately, I don't know what file it
came from - the only obvious files with "version" as a variable are
plugins, but they've built correctly on HP-UX in the past, so I don't
know what the problem is here.

I don't have access to any HP-UX machines on which to try builds, so I
can't do anything more on this; perhaps some Ethereal developer does
have access to an HP-UX box on which to try builds, and can help you on
this.

(Mehdi's the person who prepares the HP-UX Porting and Archive Center
packages for Ethereal, so if there is an Ethereal developer who could
resolve this problem, it'd be nice.)