Ethereal-dev: Re: Re: [Ethereal-dev] CVS web interface: 403 forbidden

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:59:29 +0200

Ok, next time I will use webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx ;-)

> Someone tried to mirror everything under /cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ early
> Sunday morning, which added a considerable load to the server.  I disabled
> the script so that I'd stop getting paged.  :)  It's been reenabled.

BTW: I use the "download tarball" feature on the CVS web interface to get the latest source tarball, doing this last time on Thursday (so it wasn't me on sunday...). Is this a problem for the server load? Should I better use the nightly snapshots instead?

Regards, ULFL
Jetzt testen für 1 Euro! Ihr All-in-one-Paket!
https://digitaledienste.web.de/Club/?mc=021106