Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Latest CVS make problems

From: Mark Burton <markb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:28:10 +0100 (BST)
Folks,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but can anyone tell me what to do to
get the latest CVS ethereal to build. When I type 'make' I get:

cd . && /bin/sh /home/markb/src/ethereal/EtherealCVS/ethereal/missing --run aclocal-1.6 `./aclocal-flags`
aclocal: configure.in: 229: macro `AM_PATH_GTK_2_0' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 253: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 267: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0' not found in library
WARNING: `aclocal-1.6' is needed, and you do not seem to have it handy on your
         system.  You might have modified some files without having the
         proper tools for further handling them.  Check the `README' file,
         it often tells you about the needed prerequirements for installing
         this package.  You may also peek at any GNU archive site, in case
         some other package would contain this missing `aclocal-1.6'
         program.

I do have aclocal-1.6 installed.

Thanks,

Mark