Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] iSCSI dissector and packets with only data ...

From: Mark Burton <markb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 21:42:01 +0100 (BST)
> I am a bit harrassed today.

It happens.

> Anyway, does anyone know a good heuristic for deciding that a random
> packet captured in an iSCSI stream does not really contain an iSCSI header
> and should be skipped?

Well a really good heuristic that packet-iscsi.c doesn't currently
implement but should be very reliable would be only recognise iSCSI
headers whose digest value is correct. Of course, this would require
both the initiator and target to implement header digests.

If that would be useful I can implement it, please advise.

Cheers,

Mark