Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Multiple ports used in preferences.

From: "packet steve" <packetsteve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:21:35 -0400

I need to allow a protocol to be called from multiple, but varying, UDP ports.
The obvious technique
prefs_register_uint_preference(my_module, "udp.port", " UDP Port#1",
...          10, &global_my_udp_port1)
prefs_register_uint_preference(my_module, "udp.port", " UDP Port#2",
...          10, &global_my_udp_port2)

doesn't seem to work:

** ERROR **: file prefs.c: line 274 (register_preference): assertion failed: (find_preference(module, name) == NULL)
aborting...

Am I trying to do something unreasonable?  I could work around a
limitation by having multiple preference panels.  This seems ugly.