Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Help with -dlopen breakage please

From: Mark Burton <markb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:19:32 GMT
Hi,

I recently upgraded my auto tools, they are now:

automake (GNU automake) 1.5

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52

ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52)

However, when I try to build the CVS ethereal I get:

*** No rule to make target `"-dlopen"', needed by `ethereal'.  Stop.

The Makefile contains this:

# This is the automake dependency variable for the executable
ethereal_DEPENDENCIES = wiretap/libwiretap.a \
        gtk/libui.a epan/libethereal.a \
        epan/ftypes/libftypes.a \
        epan/dfilter/libdfilter.a "-dlopen" self \
        "-dlopen" plugins/gryphon/gryphon.la \
        "-dlopen" plugins/mgcp/mgcp.la "-dlopen" \
        plugins/giop/cosnaming.la "-dlopen" \
        plugins/giop/coseventcomm.la

Doing any combination of autogen.sh, automake, configure, etc. doesn't
make any difference. The only way I can build is by commenting out the
lines in Makefile.am.

I don't understand what's happening here, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark