Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SEGV in ethereal/tethereal

From: Pierre-Yves Bonnetain <bonnetain@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:14:10 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 10:06:04AM +0100, Pierre-Yves Bonnetain wrote:
> >    It's going to be difficult to send it in full. First, it's quite
> > big
> > (several hundreds Mb for the full day capture). Then, it may contain
> > confidential or proprietary stuff.
> >    Maybe I can make an extract. What do you need more precisely ?
>
> All frames that match the display filter expression "lanman" would be
> sufficient, although you might want to check to make sure those don't
> contain any confidential or proprietary stuff (remove those that do).

   Here is what I can easily  extract. It comes from the same capture
file
that triggered the initial SEGV report.
   If you need more data/samples, just ask me, I think I could forward
some
of them (captures are currently done all day long).
   Hope this helps,

BTW, the 'Protocol Hierarchy Statistics' seems pretty broken in 0.9.0. It does
prints each and every packet, not a summary of packets per type.

-- Pierre-Yves Bonnetain
   Consultant S�curit� -- B&A Consultants
   T�l +33 (0) 563 277 241 -- Fax +33 (0) 563 277 245