Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] bulding ethereal-0.9.0 fails on SuSE 7.3

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:32:54 -0600
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 05:50:51 bhaje@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m trying to build Ethereal-0.9.0 on SuSE 7.3.
> but configure fails with:
>
> checking for iconv.h... yes
> checking whether to use SSL library if available... yes
> checking for EVP_md5 in -lcrypto... no
> checking whether to use SNMP library if available... yes
> checking for ucd-snmp/snmp.h... yes
> checking for ucd-snmp/version.h... yes
> checking for snmp/snmp.h... no
> checking for snmp/version.h... no
> checking for sprint_objid in -lsnmp... no
> checking for sprint_objid in -lsnmp... no
> configure: error: SNMP header files found, but sprint_objid not found in
> SNMP library.

You seem to have the ucd-snmp header files, but you either don't
have the snmp library, or it's not the requisite version, or the
library simple isn't found.

You you need detailed SNMP dissections, then check the installation
of your SNMP library. Is it installed? What's the version? Can
the linker find it?

If you don't care about the extra information provided by the
SNMP library, add --disable-snmp to your ./configure line; that
will avoid checking for the SNMP headers and libraries.

--gilbert