Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] EtherReal 0.9 bug -- Mac OSX

From: Philip Rakity <prakity@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:28:51 -0800 (PST)
folks,

I am running mac os x 10.1.2 with an airport card.  I have observed the
following 2 problems

a) selecting ethereal on a port which is not available causes the kernel
to crash.  Eg... Airport is active... Ethernet is not active  (no wire
plugged into ethernet connector in the back of the mac).  Select en0
(ethernet mac -- NOT airport).  enable capture and CRASH ....

b) Select show frames in real time....  They come in in bursts.  Its as if
someone is buffering the data before handing a set of frames to etherreal.

regards,

Philip

e-mail:     prakity@xxxxxxxxxx
telephone: (408) 437 9900 Ex 5133