Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] viewing captures from different timezones

From: Jason House <jhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:08:23 -0500
localtime() converts GMT time to the local timezone.  I have capture
files from another timezone and currently either subtract 3 hours to get
the (true) local day/time or add 4 hours to get GMT.

What is the recommended way to cleanly handle this kind of situation
(ie. not simply requiring the user to change the time on his/her
machine).  I can forsee a simple option to show GMT, but I don't know
the proper way to handle "other timezones."
begin:vcard
n:House;Jason
tel;pager:N/A
tel;cell:N/A
tel;fax:(732) 389-6761
tel;home:(available if needed)
tel;work:(732) 389-6737
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.mitre.org
org:Mitre;W302
adr:;;12 Christopher Way;Eatontown;NJ;07724;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:jhouse@xxxxxxxxx
title:Networking Systems & Distributed Systems Engineer
fn:Jason House
end:vcard