Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.9.0 fails to build on Solaris 8 IA32

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:24:33 -0800
On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:20:12AM +0100, Falk Hayn wrote:
> Ethereal 0.9.0 fails to build on solaris 8 IA32
>
> I�m not competetnt enough to debug this, therefore
> pls. find attached the last messages of the build process.

> g_tree_lookup                       packet-x11.o
> g_node_new                          proto_hier_stats.o
> gdk_rectangle_intersect             gtk/libui.a(gtkclist.o)

If that's a list of symbols that couldn't be found, it looks as if,
somehow, either

	1) you don't have GLib or GTK+ installed (in which case it
	   should've failed to configure or should have failed to find
	   the "-lgtk" and "-lgtk" libraries)

or

	2) your GLib and GTK+ libraries are damaged.

We'd need to see the output of the configure script and the complete
output of the build in order to try to see what the problem is.

(I have built it on Solaris 7 IA-32 and Solaris 8 SPARC.)