Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in print to file?

From: Roy Smith <roy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:29:30 -0500
Linux RedHat 6.2 (Linux 2.2.14-5.0smp)
ethereal 0.9.0, with GTK+ 1.2.10, with GLib 1.2.10, with libpcap 0.4, with libz 1.1.3, with UCD SNMP 4.2.3

I started a packet capture, with the filter:

        host imap.wallst.micromuse.com and tcp port 143

I then did a text print to file, and the packets that got saved in the file were not identical to the ones displayed on the screen (the displayed ones were correct). I'm attaching a screen shot and the text file. The packet that differs is #76. In the display, it is a IMAP response. In the text file, it is a duplicate of #75 (a Request).

--
Roy Smith
roy@xxxxxxxxx