Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Win32 build patches

From: Hamish Moffatt <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:34:20 +1100
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:58:50PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 05:36:15PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Here's a couple of patches to ease building on Win32.
>
> Checked in (except that I left out the
>
> >  # Set PDB_FILE according to your VC++ version
> > -PDB_FILE=vc60.pdb
> > +PDB_FILE=vc50.pdb
>
> change - in either case, some people would presumably have to change it,
> and I figured I'd make the default be the one for the latest version of
> VC++, especially given that the version I have is VC++ 6.0 :-)).

OK. I didn't think you would want my changes to *_DIR or PATH
either. But if you like them that suits me :-)

I'm doing a few more Makefile cleanups at the moment and
should have something to submit soon. At present if you
eg go into packaging\nsis and run make, it knows it needs
ethereal.exe, ethereal.html etc but doesn't know how to
build them. Similarly if you try to build the doc directory,
it knows that it needs tethereal.exe but not how to build it.
I'm adding some new rules to clean that up.

thanks,
Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@xxxxxxxxxx> <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>