Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] building ethereal on Win32

From: Hamish Moffatt <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:10:22 +1100
Hi all,

I'm trying to build all of Ethereal 0.9.0 on Win32.
The binaries compiled fine (I used Visual C++ 5.0 (Visual Studio 97)).

However, I can't build the documentation as it can't find man2html.
Where can I find that for Win32? Should it be vh-man2html (as used
on Debian)? I found another one on the web which was just a perl
script.

I noticed that the latest GTK+/GLIB builds for Win32, from
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/new-downloads.html, have
a different directory structure. If I modify the makefiles
to build with the new layout, who should I submit patches
to? Is there someone in particular who is the owner of
the Win32 port? Also it'd be nice if the packaging process
obtained the gtk/glib DLLs from the build directories
instead of assuming C:\Program Files\GNU.

thanks,
Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@xxxxxxxxxx> <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>