Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] A small patch to gtk/dfilter_expr_dlg.c

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:46:12 -0800
On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 09:23:54PM +0200, Paul Ionescu wrote:
> Attached is a small patch to keep consistency between the line/expander
> style of "Add expresion" from display filters and the rest of saved
> option for line/expander style.

Well, there are four places where we create ctrees:

	the protocol tree display;

	the preferences dialog (it now has a tree for protocols, rather
	than a huge list of tabs);

	the protocol statistics;

	the display filter field list.

If they should all behave the same, then perhaps we should, instead of
having a preferences in the Ethereal preferences file for it, have it as
a GTK+ preferences in the gtkrc file, or let the user set it globally.
(As I remember, the new list/tree widget in GTK+ 1.3[.x]/2.0 doesn't let
you set the expander style in a program, as the GTK+ developers think
that should be set solely as a user preference for GTK+.)