Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] (no subject)

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:31:24 +1100
Do you want to write a standalone packet analyzer, then that is a major
undertaking, but good luck.

If instead you just want to extend ehtereal with an extra protocol
dissector, then just look at the
existing packet-*.c files for similar protocols, cut-n-paste, and everything
will become clear
in time.
If you have any specific questions regarding how to implement an additional
packet-*.c file for ethereal
there are some documentation/README's in the docs directory of the
distribution, and if those are not sufficient this mailing
list can be used to ask questions.