Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] A new dissector

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:53:55 -0800
On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 09:54:40AM -0500, Heinz.Prantner@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> please find attached a new dissector for M2TP, a IETF-SIGTRAN based
> protocol for transport of SS7 MTP2 PDUs.

The current CVS versionf of Ethereal already has an M2TP dissector; you
might want to take a look at it, and merge in any improvements yours
has.

The current CVS version can be fetched via anonymous CVS:

	http://www.ethereal.com/development.html#anoncvs

or, if, for example, you're behind a firewall through which CVS traffic
can't pass, you can download gzipped tarballs containing nightly
snapshots of the development source tree:

	http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/nightly-builds/

Note that to built from the CVS version, you will need to have installed
on your machine:

	Perl 5.0 or later
	Python
	Flex
	Bison or Berkeley "yacc"

If you're building on a UNIX-compatible system, you'll also need:

	autoconf
	automake
	libtool

If you're building on Windows, you'll need

	Microsoft Visual C++ (6.0 works, 5.x might also work)
	various UNIX tools (available with Cygwin, although you probably
	    also want to install the version of Python for Win32 from

		http://www.python.org

	    as I think the Cygwin version has some problems)

Cygwin also comes with versions of at least some of the tools such as
Flex and Bison.