Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] export data from ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 01:28:09 -0800
On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 10:02:43AM +0100, Feyaerts Johan wrote:
> I'm looking for the possibility to export data from particular protocols
> into an file in a form that can easily be parsed by an external application
> (e.g. something like a comma separated list of numbers). The user should be
> able to select from a kind of protocol tree which data items he wants and
> which one he doesn't want in the export file.

Are you planning on putting stuff into the protocol dissectors
*themselves* that handle this, or are you just thinking of, say,
exporting the values of particular protocol-tree fields, so that the
dissectors don't have to know about this?

Are you thinking of, for example, one comma-separated-list per protocol,
with the list being on a single line?