Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] segfault question

From: Frank Singleton <frank.singleton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:50:15 -0500
Frank Singleton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Messing with GIOP logfiles for testing and got a seg fault.
> Any Ideas. It did not appear to happen when I disabled GIOP.
>
> I occurs whn I play back a logfile with GIOP traffic, or a realtime
> capture of some GIOP traffic.

Well I spent the afternoon playing with gdb and breakpoints,
and it appears that a call to g_hash_table_insert() is
blowing up from packet-giop.c at line 911 approx.

(gdb) step
0x402bbb36 in g_hash_table_insert () at eval.c:41
41	eval.c: No such file or directory.
	in eval.c
(gdb) next

chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x40528f00, nb=17) at malloc.c:2896
2896	malloc.c: No such file or directory.
	in malloc.c
(gdb) c

I #if 0 out the call and everything is ok

Any pointers (no pun intended) !!

/Frank..

--
EUS/SV/Z Frank Singleton      ASO Americas BSS
Office : +1 972 583 3251      ECN 800 33251

Hardware: HP Omnibook 4150 running Redhat Linux 7.1 (2.4.3-12 kernel).