Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal core enhancements

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:55:42 -0700
On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 02:36:41PM +0200, Matthias wrote:
> 3.1. The autostop conditions
>
> 3.1.1. Information required to verify the stop conditions
>        Criterion 1: stop logging based on time
>          - The max. duration of the capture
>          - The time passed since capture was started
>          >> Must be checked periodically
>
>        Criterion 2: stop logging cause max. disk usage
>          - The allowed disk usage
>          - The available disk space

Note that the way that the available disk space is determined, if by
that you mean the space available on a file system, is
platform-dependent; different UNIX-compatible OSes have different calls,
and I don't know whether all the platforms on which Ethereal runs have
compatible calls, and I also don't know whether there exists a wrapper
for Win32 that looks like one of the UNIX calls - and I suspect that on
different flavors/versions of Windows different calls should be used
(later versions might have calls that better handle large file systems).