Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: ethereal : microsoft lanman protocol

From: Dan Shearer <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:40:21 +0930 (CST)
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> I get many strange requests ...
>
> The irony of this one is overpowering ...
>
> 3Com were once big in the SMB world :-)

!! The irony is even stronger... the place I originally got the first SMB
specs from (now available at www.samba.org) was 3Com. They didn't believe
that they were of any use, especially since they had sold off most of
their networking division to Microsoft, but eventually I found an engineer
with a copy on tape somewhere, and he put that on his experimental ftp
server, because he was trying out this TCP/IP stuff at the time.

--
Dan Shearer
Open Source Manager