Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Small display problem in smb-logon

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:41:27 -0500
In dissect_smb_sam_logon_req(), the account control information is dissected,
and then the Domain SID Size is added to the proto_tree. "offset" is not
updated between those calls (see below), so the wrong bytes are highlighted
in the hex display.

line 331 of packet-smb-logon.c:

        dissect_account_control( pd, offset, fd, tree);

        proto_tree_add_text( tree, NullTVB, offset, 2, "Domain SID Size = %x",
                GWORD(pd, offset));

}

Furthermore, the length for Domain SID Size is "2", but GWORD() is used, which
extracts 4 bytes.  Can someone figure out what size it really should be?

I have sample trace which shows the problem; I'll send it to you privately
if you decide to fix the problem.

--gilbert