Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Managing the display and what is displayed ...

From: "Visser, Martin (SNO)" <Martin.Visser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:21:41 +0800
All,

Richard's right. Putting the doodad together I was concerned that nice GUI
stuff have two potential issues.

1. Taking away CPU from important stuff.
2. Making the interface cluttered.

I think #1 can be solved by trying to not two the same thing twice, storing
useful data for future use. (Trade off with memory here). Also giving
control back to Gtk regularly I think is good idea to give the user
responsiveness.

#2 could be solved by the View menu Richard mentioned. Also if I add say a
traffic graphing widget I would probably allow you to use the Notebook
widget to so you can select the different graphs you wish displayed.

Martin

Martin Visser
Technology Consultant - Compaq Global Services

Compaq Computer Australia
410 Concord Road
Rhodes, Sydney NSW 2138
Australia