Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector, SIP (Session Initiation Protcol)

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:59:01 -0800
On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 12:18:32AM +0200, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> Attached is a dissector for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP),
> described in RFC 2543.

Checked in.

> The dissector was tested against two Cisco 7960 IP phones and
> Columbia University's sipd which was acting as a proxy between the
> phones. A sample capture showing the three parties in action is at
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~hessu/sip2.cap

Hmm.  Jason, should SDP, like RTSP, have its dissector create
conversations so that RTP streams and the like can be identified? In
that capture, the first frame has "audio 16676 RTP/AVP 0" as the media
description, and, later, there's a bunch of UDP traffic between ports
16676 and 18800, which I infer is RTP/AVP traffic, the 16676 coming from
the media description.