Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Does the bxxp stuff compile and run under Tru64

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:35:31 -0700
On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 09:48:11AM +0900, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> I would like to find out from people who have Tru64 UNIX and/or Solaris
> whether or not the latest Ethereal (0.8.12) has any problems with the BXXP
> dissector I submitted.
>
> Does it compile ok?

Yes, at least on Solaris 7/x86; I think I compiled it post-BXXP checkins
at work, under Solaris 2.6/SPARC as well.

> If so, does anyone have statically linked versions that I can check?

Do you require SPARC, or will x86 do?  (And which Solaris version(s) do
you have?)

> Also, does anyone know where I can find pre-built versions of GTK+ and GLIB
> for Tru64 UNIX?

".a", or ".so", or both?

Unless you have a pre-built Ethereal - in which case, if they're
statically linked with GTK+ and GLib, the libraries wouldn't be
necessary - the pre-built libraries won't help, as you'd also need the
header files, though.