Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] H.323 Source

Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:53:15 +0200
Hi

At http://members.xoom.com/ethereal/release/ you will find two files:
- H323.zip, this contains the dissectors related to H.323
  * Q.931 (changed from original 0.8.11 Ethereal source)
  * RTP  (new, completely tvbuff, heuristic, display filters)
  * RTCP (see RTP)
  * H.261 (simple video protocol inside RTP)
  * H.225
  * H.245
  * H.235
- mini_ptlib.zip, this contains the ASN.1 source, see Ethereals
  asn.c. But this one supports BER and PER!

The H.225, H.235 and H.245 dissectors have been generated by an ASN.1
compiler I changed to let it create source that can be used in Ethereal.
If you want the ASN.1 compiler source, send me an email. I'll also put
it up at the address mentioned above.

Mini PTLib is MPL and derived from PWLib from OpenH323.org. The
dissectors are GPL, apart from the H.225, H.245, H.235 because they
use mini_ptlib and are generated by the asnparser from PWLib, so I'm
not sure about their status (I consider them MPL). I don't know how
to solve this problem. I tried to make a plugin of it, but I didn't
succeed.

The source (i.e. Mini PTLib, the rest should be ok) so far only
compiles with Visual C++. G++ complains about classes without a
couple of member definitions. I couldn't find them, but if you
have more experience, please check it out and let me know!

All MPL source (and related source) is C++

If you have any questions, please ask them!

To compile with Visual Studio:
- Unzip h323.zip to the folder where the Ethereal source can be found.
  This file contains a new Makefile.nmake, so make sure you have your
  old makefile as a backup and a reference if something fails!
- Create a directory called "mini_ptlib" in the ethereal source directory
- Unzip the mini_ptlib zipfile in the new directory
- Open the mini_ptlib workspace
- Build the library
- Rebuild ethereal

My Ethereal executable grows from 1.9 megabytes to 4.2 megabytes.....

--
Andreas Sikkema
andreas.sikkema@xxxxxxxxxxx