Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] A PERL script to generate a prototype dissector file

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:55:04 +0200
On Son, 27. Aug 2000, Richard Sharpe <sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Attached is a PERL script that builds a prototype dissector.
>
>If we suggets that people who write dissectors use this to generate their
>initial dissector, we have a number of advantages ...
>
>BTW, it is uuencoded ...
>
>Regards
>-------
>Richard Sharpe, sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx
>Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.zing.org)
>Contributing author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
>Author, Special Edition, Using Samba

Hmm,
it does not generate a prototype dissector. It only generates a prototype
for a TCP-based dissector. Maybe it would be helpful to extend this to
IP-, UDP, and SCTP based dissectors.
Looking at the perl script I would suggest that some generic example
dissectors
are provided in the doc directory. I could provide an example for SCTP.

Best regards
Michael
--
e-mail: Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx