Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Re: [ethereal-cvs] cvs commit: ethereal packet-isis-clv.c

From: Laurent Deniel <deniel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:06:57 +0200
Gilbert Ramirez wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:21:14 Laurent Deniel wrote:
> >
> > deniel      2000/08/10 09:21:12 CDT
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     .                    packet-isis-clv.c
> >   Log:
> >   Fix decoding of short ISIS CLV data frames.
> >
> >   But there is still a problem with the isis_dissect_unknown
> >   procedure which calls proto_tree_add_text: the va_list
> >   arguments are incorrectly decoded in proto.c. I suspect
> >   a problem with inclusion of stdarg.h vs. varargs.h but
> >   for now, I can't figure out where ...
> >   (problem on Linux intel with gcc 2.91.66).
> >
> >   Revision  Changes    Path
> >   1.7       +2 -2      ethereal/packet-isis-clv.c
>
> isis_dissect_unknown() is creating a va_list and passing
> it directly to proto_tree_add_text(). proto_tree_add_text()
> accepts a variable number of arguments, but not a va_list. You
> would hope that a va_list would be interchangeable with
> a variable number of arguments, but they're not. That's the
> whole reason for printf and vprintf.

Of course, so this function was broken from the beginning and this
was not a problem specific to my configuration ...

> A function called proto_tree_add_text_valist() that accepted
> a va_list instead of creating one should help.
>
> --gilbert

Ok I will fix that.

Thanks.

--
Laurent DENIEL        | E-mail: deniel@xxxxxxxxxxx
Paris, FRANCE         |         laurent.deniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      | WWW   : http://www.worldnet.fr/~deniel
    All above opinions are personal, unless stated otherwise.