Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Expert mode

From: "John Bourke" <John.Bourke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:12:31 +0100
Howdy,

I understand the issue about trying to squeeze too much into the GUI, but
the Sniffer has an expert mode which works quite well.

There is a usability issue too.  The process of network trouble shooting
should be  guided by an expert facility, and then refined by examining
packet traces.  It may be better to do this on the same GUI, so there is a
smooth flow between the two.

john