Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] Newbie question

From: "Gabriel, Akos /ECF" <A.Gabriel2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 07:28:38 +0200
Hi!

I'm quite new to ethereal, I installed it only yesterday.
It is running on a Solaris machine. :)
Btw. if you are interested, I may create an appropriate package for Solaris 2.6
SPARC (that is installed at our site right now), as I saw that Solaris is missing from
the supported binary distributions.
I find Ethereal really nice and useful, I would like to contribute to it's development.
My questions:

- I can't use CVS because of our firewall... Is there something like a nightly
  build, or would it be possible to receive a tarball regularly?
- Is there any control of "who does what?" ... I have some ideas which seem not to be
  in the recently available source tree, but may be under development... and I don't want to
  do the same twice
- I saw the wish-list ... does anybody implementing items 10, 11, 18 and 19 ?
- Are there any plans to create a really interactive bug/wishlist/knowledge database?
  - bug tracking system

These are for now, maybe I'll have more later :)

Best regards,

Akos Gabriel