Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Bug in Data-count and Hex-Dump from ethereal

From: Ben Fowler <wapdev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:08:35 +0100
At 03:45 AM 3/24/00, Guy Harris wrote:
 [...]

By the way, is the protocol used for the dataflow to the WAP gateway
documented?  If so, we could perhaps write a dissector for it, if that'd
be useful (at least if it's on a standard port number, or if you can
deduce from the packet contents whether it's a packet for that
protocol).

This is probably the WAP/UDP protocol that I am working on. (Port
920x ).

Details of the protocol can be found the WAP forum site,
< URL:http://www.wapforum.org/ > in a PDF file.

I will try an get something more for you over the Easter break,
but it is still rather oodes

Ben.

P.S. In this mail and in other places, I see notes in the form "we could
write a dissector" I have been working on the basis that I wanted a dissector
I (you from your perspective) would have to learn about the packet-*.c sources
and write it myself (yourself from your perspective). Is there a 'we' (you from my perspective) who will write arbitrary dissectors given documentation! I would guess
not.

--
Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
< URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/mobile/ >