Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Deficiencies in the Windows version of Ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:22:19 -0700
> And that's not a bad thing if you're developing. It gives you a nice way to follow what's
> your code is doing, instead of tediously stepping through the code. I like the console ;-)
>
> In release code (the binaries from the site) I think it's not necessary to have a console.
> Use a switch in the config.nmake to en/disable this feature...

Well, you have to provide a "WinMain()" for that to work, but that's now
in the code in in the CVS tree.

Should we make it build it as a console app by default, and require that
the "config.nmake" be changed to make it a GUI app?  And, if so, should
only the CVS version default to a console app, with the distribution
tweaked to build it as a GUI app, or should even the distribution
provide it as a console app (on the theory that most people who build
from source on Win32 are developers)?