Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Conversation based dissectors

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 03:26:55 -0700
> OK, This is me "coming out". I am trying to get a H.323 dissector
> working for Ethereal

At least according to the page at

	http://www.mbuf.org/~moto/h323/h323decoder.html

"H.323-related protocols such as H.225.0 and H.245 use PER (Packed
Encoding Rule) for encoding packets."

It might be worth putting PER dissection code into "asn1.c", and perhaps
renaming the "asn1_XXX" stuff in there to "ber_XXX", as "asn1.c" is
really just handling the Basic Encoding Rule for ASN.1.

(There's already a Q.931 dissector; feel free to tweak it as necessary
to make it usable.)