Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] The new Ethereal on Windows crashes

From: "Gerrit Gehnen" <G.Gehnen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:07:13 +0200
Hello,

> http://ethereal.zing.org/distribution/win32/ethereal-20000404-winpcap.zip
>
> contains executables for ethereal and tethereal that work with the new
> WinPcap.

I just installed the WinPcap and the capturing-ethereal from the set on
WinNT 4.0
with SP 5.
The GTK-Lib stuff is from the gtk-libs-19990828.zip package.
Ethereal crashes at the end of the second capture:
Start ethereal, start capturing and quit it after a gathering some
packets
with the Stop-Button. Everything is fine.
Start Capture again, wait a few packets and press the stop button or set
the number of packets and wait until you got all requested packets.
*BANG*.
My Debugger told me, that the crash is located within the GLIB-1.3.
Maybe I should setup a build-enviroment for the Win-Port.....

  Gerrit

--
Dr.-Ing. Gerrit Gehnen      Abt. LT
ATR Industrie-Elektronik    Textilstra�e 2, 41751 Viersen, Germany