Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] bug in latest packet_ldap.c (CVS 1.4)

From: Olivier Abad <abad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:43:34 +0200
On ven, mar 31, 2000 at 02:30:46 -0600, Jeff Foster wrote:

> Checkout the 'add_packet_to_packet_list' routine in file.c.  It creates
> the protocol tree root if there is a display filter (cf->dfcode != NULL),
> color filter (filter_list != NULL), or a plugin (plugin_list).  I don't
> understand how you would see a filter otherwise.  Anyone else out there
> know of a reason ??

Yes : plugin_list is not NULL if at least one plugin is installed, even
if it is disabled. This is generally the case (make install installs the
gryphon plugin).

When I first implemented plugins, plugins where inserted in plugin_list
when they were enabled, and removed when they were disabled, so the test
was right. But now it isn't anymore.

I just checked in a change for this : a simple "enabled_plugins_number"
counter which is incremented in enable_plugin(), decremented in
disable_plugin(), and checked in add_packet_to_packet_list().

Olivier
--
I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.
		-- Gilda Radner