Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] Plugin development

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:20:52 -0800
> I need to develop a plugin for a application-layer proprietary protocol.
> There exist  a HOWTO-like document for beginners plugin developers ?

Unfortunately, there doesn't.

There *is* a "README.developer" document in the "doc" directory of the
latest Ethereal release (and in the CVS tree), which gives some
documentation on writing a dissector; however, it's incomplete - for
example, the section on plugins consists of:

	3.0 Plugins

and that's it - just that one line of text.

Olivier, you might want to write up a section on doing plugin dissectors
and add it to "README.developer".